Direct Mail Campaigns
Here at Vessel Media, we can handle your entire mail project from inception to completion. We understand that a Direct Mail Campaign is more that just creating a mailer. It’s a strategic process with multiple steps that typically include:
Vessel Creative Services
- Offer Development – As a key part of our Creative Strategy, we will help you plan and, upon request, help develop an offer that will drive results. Many companies overlook this process. However, it’s a critical step in the creative process.
- Format Selection – Like all media, different formats will work better in different situations. There are an arsenal of formats available which include: letter packages, letter/brochure packages, self-mailers, postcards, conference mailers, catalogs and what’s called 3-dimensional mail. As part of our services, we’ll help you select and specify the ideal format that meets your needs and fits into your budget.
- Message Development – Before any content is written, there needs to be 100% agreement as to what the message should be. You want a clear picture of the main selling point, secondary selling points and all supporting messages that should be included in your copy.
- Creative Concepts – We can develop multiple creative concepts for your review. These draft presentations (with design and headlines) will give you input on the direction of the creative process before it goes too far.
- Copy & Design – Once we have your approval and comments, we will proceed to develop the full mail package. We may seek additional input from you during this process, depending on the size and complexity of your mail package.
- Revisions – We provide up to 2 (two) rounds of revisions at no additional fee in order to make sure your mail package meets your specifications.
- Landing Page – Today’s consumers need to be supplied with multiple response channel options. These options include a web landing page. A landing page is typically a single web page designed to capture a lead. However, it may also be or a longer sales letter page or even a micro site designed to move your buyer further along in the sales process. We can create your page/site and have it hosted on your website or at a 3rd party location.
- Lead Qualification – As part of the landing page development, we will provide you with a process for capturing the lead’s contact information and any needed qualification filters. We can also code this process so it’s on auto-pilot – and have leads sent directly to you via email or http posts.
Vessel Full Service (optional)
- List Research/Database Building – Your list is really the most vital part of this entire process. You have a few options: You can rent a list (or multiple lists) for one-time or multi usage. You can purchase a list for a multi-touch campaign involving direct mail, email and telemarketing. You can also build a list using a variety of sources such as co-operative databases. Our Senior Marketing Consultants can guide you in this process.
- Sales Integration – Most direct mail programs are (or should be) designed to fit in with your sales process. Typically this only works well if you have involved your sales team. We can provide suggestions and feedback to help you work with your sales team to get 100% buy-in from them.
- Lead Quality Standard – Not every response that comes in will meet your criteria for a qualified sales lead. We’ll help you set that standard and work with you to establish a process for assessing lead quality.
- Project Management – We can supervise the implementation of your campaign by coordinating the list acquisition, printing, addressing, mailing service and postal delivery.
- Testing – While important, some tests are more useful than others. We can recommend and implement a testing process that makes sense for your long-term marketing goals.
- Response Measurement & Analysis – When it’s all said and done, what matters are the results. We’ll help you track and measure the success of your campaign by looking at metrics such as ROI and Cost per Acquisition, recommending tweaks for future campaigns.
Pricing: Direct mail budgets depend largely on the format you use and the quantity you mail. Simple letter packages and postcards cost considerably less (to create, print and mail) than multiple-component direct mail packages and dimensional mail. Please contact us for a custom quote on your project of 5,000 or more pieces.
Contact one of our Senior Marketing Consultants today for more information or to get started.